Monday, May 24, 2010

Sign about vandalism on the door of men's room at the Ballard Library.

This is going to require a little explanation on my part, so here goes...

This picture is a picture I took about two months ago. This is a picture of a sign that was on the door of the men's room at the Ballard branch of the public library.

It's a long story, but as soon as I saw this sign, I knew that this would be a big news story.

I am an enormous fan of the numerous hyperlocal news websites here in Seattle. I do think that something interesting is cooking up here.

I often get a real kick out of reading the comments sections on these hyperlocal blogs. There's something about anonymity on the internet, that just turns some people weird.

That's why I do the militant opposite of anonymity, you always know where I stand.

Anyways, people had been very upset about problems at the library, and as soon as I saw that vandalism had forced controlled access to the men's room, I knew that I needed to send this picture over to the myballard.

Which is what I did - the result was a blog post that contains a fascinating look into Seattle culture, please read the comment section of this blog post.


P.S. Can someone explain to me why there are two different Wikipedia sites dealing with word hyperlocal?



No comments:

Post a Comment