Monday, May 31, 2010

Fremont Fire Station structure at 3829 Linden Avenue North

This is why I find the hyper local blogs so interesting. I randomly read this article one day, which is about the structure pictured above at 3829 Linden Avenue North in Seattle's Fremont neighborhood.

I am interested in historical preservation, and I even found my way towards reading this document from the city of Seattle.

This is a picture of an old portion of a firehouse in Seattle. The architect of this building was a man named Daniel Riggs Huntington. This was the same architect who designed the Fremont, Green Lake, and University District libraries (guess he was a fan of Spanish Tile roofs!).

You can find more pictures of this structure at 3829 Linden Avenue North here.

This is what the building looked like in 1936.

No comments:

Post a Comment