Friday, July 2, 2010

Pic of graffiti cleanup that got on a blog

This picture was taken about a month ago. The man seen in this picture is a city of Seattle worker who is doing graffiti cleanup under a bridge in Seattle called the University Bridge.

After I took this picture, I thought to myself about the graffiti cleanup process. I lived in Seattle's University District from 2000 to 2008 (except for a brief stint in Fresno).

This area under the bridge has always been a target for graffiti, largely because they keep re-painting over the graffiti with an institutional gray color!

After pondering the cleanup of this area, I sent this image over to a local news blog, and they ended up running an excellent story about it.

I, for one, hope that a mural goes up in this area. The city used to play the same cat and mouse game up on Campus Parkway, where a large wall in a tunnel kept inviting graffiti. Around 2004, the city had some local artists come in and put up murals, which truly transformed this previously dark area for the better. Hopefully that's what can happen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment