Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tower at Lake Yosemite

See this picture of the tower? This tower is a sentimental favorite of mine, from my youth. You're not supposed to, and they put up a fence to stop people, but if you try hard enough, you are able to climb out the end of that platform and hang out underneath the water tower shown in this picture.

This is a water tower at a place in unincorporated Merced County called Lake Yosemite. When I was a kid, I used to frequently throw rocks at it.

For years, in fact, there used to actually be a hole in the roof. Lots of people would walk by and throw rocks at the roof, in an attempt to make it in the gapping hole. I was surprised in 2009, when I visited and noticed that the roof had been fixed. I even mentioned this at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment